ELECTRIC CAKE SALAD – Summary
ELECTRIC CAKE SALAD are an alternative/electro/rock band from the Midlands, UK. The trio is comprised of Steve Gianolio-Jones (guitar, vocals, programming), Rob Leaver (bass) and Mick Morrell (guitar, backing vocals). The band are signed to Flicknife Records.
“A truly unique direction, that mix elements of rock with electronica for a refreshingly original and exciting sound.” – Surface Unsigned
Electric Cake Salad burst onto the UK scene back in 2005 with a distorted mix of crunching guitars, pulsing drum loops and midi samples. They effortlessly traverse a multitude of different genres, fusing together 80s and 90s rock and old-school rave and electro. Even styles as diverse as dance, drum and bass, electronica and hip-hop are not beyond their fingertips; they have meddled with them all, taking them apart and stitching them back together in their own unique way.
Critics, too, have been quick to point out how unusual Electric Cake Salad’s methods are, with notable reviews in Record Collector Magazine, Pure Rawk Magazine, Vive Le Rock and Louder Than War. They have also received international and regular airplay on TBFM Radio and various internet and FM stations.
Signed by Frenchy Gloder to Flicknife Records in 2014, Electric Cake Salad released a three-track EP in 2015 to critical acclaim and airplay.
On April 18th 2016, Electric Cake Salad released their debut album, ‘Subdiffusion’ for Flicknife Records (SHARPCD16079). The album has been released as a download, CD and vinyl. This 13-track album also features a live track.
- Regular national and international airplay.
- 2015 – Electric Cake Salad were voted NUMBER 1 in the TBFM Internet radio Top 100 most played & listened to track of with ‘Baby Firefly’! ‘Dimenticato’ & ‘Superstar’ also featured at Number 34 & 19 respectively also
- Nominated online for ‘Best British Band’ and ‘Best British Single’
- 4 Number 1’s for different tracks on TBFM Radio
- Multiple notable support slots with Jesus Jones, Hawkwind, Arthur Brown amongst others
- UK/London Headline shows
- Regular festival appearances
- European Festival Dates – 2015, 2016 & 2017
- ‘Baby Firefly’ to be included on the soundtrack to upcoming Hollywood film,
- Album, ‘Subdiffusion’ recorded and mixed by Jase Edwards who learnt his trade working with Rick Rubin (Red Hot Chili Peppers, Slayer) and Brendan O’Brien (Pearl Jam, Bruce Springsteen, ACDC)
Flicknife Records: www.flickniferecords.co.uk
The album, ‘Subdiffusion’ available as download, CD & vinyl.